Sunday 27 February 2011

Rock n' Roll !

I collected my Rock n Roll bed yesterday from Volkswares in Lichfield.  I have been researching beds for a long while and I decided to go for the bed after viewing it at Dubfreeze the weekend prior.  The attention to detail and careful design attracted me even though this particular design of rock n roll bed requires you to build a platform at the rear.

The people I met at Volkswares were very friendly and I recommend their products.  I will be purchasing their awning connection system next, take a look its really neat.

work in progress

It took me about 45mins to put the bed together but I was really taking my time!  It went together pretty well and didn't require any adjusting once assembled.

the finished item

I am now in the process of deciding how it should fit in the Van.  The key decision to make is to ensure that the length of the bed is correct so that we are comfortable.  Here are some images of me mocking up its position.

upright position

flat position (note how is higher when down)


I intend to mount the bed in such a way that it is easily removable for the times I need for storage space in the van.  To do this I will installing fixing points through the floor to that I can un-screw the bed easily.

view from the driving area


I intend to begin designing and building the rear platform/storage compartment over the next few days and then fixing things in permanently.

No comments:

Post a Comment