Sunday 13 February 2011

A bit more carpeting

Don't you just hate it when you start a job, it looks half decent but you haven't quite finished it.  Well I have this situation with the rear carpeting.  I decided to chip away at it tonight and do the carpeting around the rear doors.  I purchased some extra silver carpet from Megavanmats.co.uk and got to work.  This whole  sequence took me 45mins.

Before I started, note the mud on the vinyl from MTBing!



Half way through the job

The combination of good quality spray contact adhesive, some previous experience, very sharp knives, nice stretchy carpet meant that it didn't take long to make a big difference to this otherwise 'tatty' bit of the van



A bit of trimming as I went along

All the way around now

I also decided to trim where the rear doors close for completeness

Ta-Dah



I also plan to carpet more of the rear doors.  Obviously you have to be careful and midfull of the seals otherwise you could end up with soggy carpet.  More on this in a future update.  Next updat will focus on the fitting of the trim pieces to the tie down points.  As you will see they look a bit ugly at the moment - we'll soon sort that out!

No comments:

Post a Comment