Tuesday 19 April 2011

The interior build part 3

With the units installed and fixed the next step was to finish off the bed platform and to begin fitting the doors to the cabinets.  I decided to get up early again and have good days worth of work progressing to my goal of using the van at the easter bank holiday.


So heres where I left the the bed platform at.  As mentioned previously the goal now was to make it stiffer laterally.


To achieve this a piece of 9mm ply was cut and the bottom left hand corner scribed and jigsawed to fit the contour of the van.


By now I had got quite adept at scribing and the piece fitted first time, perfectly!


I then set about marking out and then cutting the aperture to enable the area to be used for storage.  The eagle eyed amongst you will have spotted that the other side of the bed platform had been finished also.  the result of fitting the both of these panels was that the whole structure became incredibly stiff, a quick test with me trying to move it with my body weight proved this!


No comments:

Post a Comment