Tuesday 26 April 2011

Interior Build Part 3 - fitting the sink into the worktop


A campervan is not really a campervan unless it has a sink.  I decided upon a SMEV unit which I sourced via ebay.  It has two gas burners and a sink and came with a tap that actuates the pump electrically upon operation.  The quality of the item is good, the only issue is that no template is supplied to allow you to work out what size/shape of a hole to cut out for it !  I got around this by tracing the outline of the whole thing and then measuring in from the line appropriately and then using those points to describe the appropriate profile.


A bit of jigsawing later and the hole was cut.  The next step was to cut down into the wall between the cupboards to allow for the depth of the sink and gas fittings.



Tadah!  the unit fitted perfectly.  I decided not to use the SMEV fixing method which involved a completely inpractical arrangement of oddly shaped fixing points, instead I opted for silicone...  I may live to regret it but several hundred miles later and its absolutely fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment