Thursday 18 August 2011

Sound system

Its been a while since I have updated what I have been doing.  I have been doing quite a lot... so here goes.


Heres a view of the interior withe seat fitted.  Its amazing when I look back at the humble plumbers van I first purchased in August 2009 and see what can be achieved with a bit of elbow grease!




I decided that the sound system fitted in the van was no where near good enought so I went to Loughborough and purchased a new Alpine CD single DIN and a set of 4 'fly' speakers to replace the standard door speakers and also to install into the rear of the van.




Fitting the fly speakers in the doors was pretty straight forward.  I purchased the appropriate adaptors and they simply dropped in.  I connected them up via the supplier crossover system and hey presto all was done.



I decided that the 6*9s would work best mounted in the rear seat/bed base and so set about cutting the apertures to fit them.  This was a really straightforward job as the speakers came with the appropriate templates.



Heres a finished speaker.  I was quite pleased with the result.


I will add a better picture of the interior in due course.

No comments:

Post a Comment